E3® Tungsten Electrodes
For tungsten inert gas welding (TIG), the non-fusing and temperature resistant tungsten electrode, in addition to the torch, the energy source, and the inert gas, are all major factors for obtaining beautiful welds and strong joining results.
E3 Tungsten are electrodes with rare earth mixed oxides. Compared to thoriated electrodes, E3 is less harmful to the environment and not radioactive.
E3 Electrode Features and Benefits:
- Excellent ignition and consistent welding properties
- Universal and suitable for all applications for DC and AC welding pf non-alloyed and high-alloyed steel, aluminum, titanium, nickel, copper, and magnesium alloys
- Reliable and usable for automated welding
- Increased current carrying capacity
- Longer service life than thoriated electrodes